Many know Bhutan as the last Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom and the only country in the world to use Gross National Happiness as its primary yardstick for progress.
Drawn by the allure of this enigmatic kingdom, four veteran athletes attempt an unprecedented human-powered, border-to-border crossing of Bhutan, hoping to experience Bhutan's policy of "GNH" first hand.
When the demands of the grueling 32-day, 485-mile journey push the team beyond their breaking point, they must confront the challenge inherent in walking what Buddhist's call the Middle Path - embracing the benefits of our fast-paced modern life while still honoring the ancient traditions and values that make Bhutan so unique.
AT A GLANCE
- Unique partnership with government providing unparalleled access, including an interview with Bhutan’s current Prime Minister, Tshering Tobgay
- Original music & narration from Grammy award-winning producer Imogen Heap [ 2 million+ Twitter followers] and cellist Zoe Keating
- World Premiere at Santa Barbara International Film Festival where the film sold out the 600+ person Lobero theater and received a standing ovation; buzz drove SBIFF to schedule two additional screenings & pick the film for it's “Best of the Festival” weekend
- One of the top funded docs on Kickstarter raising almost 250% of goal and generating outstanding grassroots support from the campaign's nearly 1,000 supporters; led to editorials on Forbes & Discovery among others
- Excellent buzz following release of Imogen’s original compositions & music videos for the film; features from Refinery 29 and VICE’s Noisey